A few friends on Facebook tagged me for a response to the question: What 10 books have stayed with you? The question is daunting and it took a few days for me to compose my selections These are choices that reflect this time in my life. Here is a list of those books, in no particular order:
1. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
2. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
3. The Razor’s Edge by W. Somerset Maugham
4. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
5. tiny beautiful things by Cheryl Strayed
6. The End of Your Life Book Club by William Schwalbe
7. The Complete Stories by Flannery O’Connor
8. The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy
9. Night by Elie Wiesel
10. The Sound and Fury by William Faulkner
Which 10 books have stayed with you? Why? Would love to hear your answers to this question.
Image: “Books” by Katherine Hodgson via Flickr.